Destination Imgaination, or D.I. For Lazy People

Where do I begin, Destinantion Imagination, or as I said D.I. for lazy people, I’m pretty lazy so I’ll go with D.I. For the rest of this post. Okay, at first I thought this was going to be the easiest thing ever since all we had to do was create a short performance with a plot twist of camouflaging a living organism in plain sight. Then all the rules came into play and we had to figure out which team choice elements we were going to use. Team choice elements are these things that are not mandatory to your actual performance yet it was mandatory to have them. I don’t know either. Anyways, you had to have two of them. My group used original music we created in Garage Band and the two other costumes we created for the performance. The chameleon and the hunter costume. The main costume we couldn’t count as one of the choice elements since it pretty much was our entire presentation. Out of our group of six, SamWill, or BillClaireMakylaRyan and yours truly, only Sam, Claire and Sam were able to go. I was at basketball provincials (Blog Post soon to come), Makyla was at BC games and Will was super, super sick. So we had to edit our entire script so it would work with only four people, and then the day before the tournament Will texted us saying he was pretty much dead. So then Claire had to play the Wise Old Chameleon and the Hunter. Sam was the owl since he was the smallest and easiest to camouflage because of his size and Ryan was the Narrator. Here’s the performance the day before the actual D.I. tournament: Run Through With 3 People

My favourite part was definitely the Instant Challenges, pretty much the entire class agrees with me on this one. Instant Challenges are these things that last 4-6 minutes and range from being super easy to super flipping hard. You get a list of instructions and a task or performance to do. I would give you guys examples but we’ve been sworn to secrecy…very mysterious. But from the start these were the only things keeping me interested in this thing they call, Destination, Imagination.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, MY TEAM’S GOING TO PROVINCIALS FOR D.I.!!!!!!!! (We came third in the regional tournament)

Written by:

Be First to Comment