SLC’s Part 1

It’s that time of year again, the one nobody likes, you know what I’m talking about. No? Lucky you. Well we were informed earlier this week that we had Student Led Conferences, it’s exactly what it sounds like, a student leads a conference. This conference is to inform parents and teachers about the work they’ve done throughout the year. This year we chose 3 different assignments, the one we’re most proud of, one that shows the growth as a learner and finally, a piece of work that shows a growth mindset.

Part 1: The Piece That I Did Extremely Well On:

For me that’s gotta be my most recent science project, sorry Willemse but I don’t have a blog post on it. But you can still see what it ended up looking like!!

image image image

For this project we were told to create any cell in the body, I wanted to do a cancer cell originally but Klausen said there were already too many, so she assigned me the cardiac muscle cell since I play so many sports and eat a lot of meat. Inside was just a hunk of styrofoam that I just cut into the shape I needed, which took a loooong time. And the entire outside is just wrapped in cloud clay. It took a long time but it turned out awesome. Part two of SLC’s blog extravaganza is up next… You’ll just have to go to the next post though. If I did all three projects in one post, it’d be extremely long.

Written by:

Be First to Comment