Summer’s done already?

Summer 2016, other people probably traveled, slept for as long as they pleased, went to the beach, you know, the usual things a kid off school would do. Not me. This summer, I was home for a total of 13 days, the other month and a half I was traveling abroad (if you count the U.S. As abroad) for sports. The three highlights of my summer, my three nationals, two baseball, one field hockey. Besides all the drama that happened at my girls baseball nationals, it was an awesome time. Placed third and I got picked for the starting 9 MVP team. Which is where they pick the top 9 in the tournament and make an “all-star” team. Guys baseball nationals, placed fourth in the country, not bad in my opinion. Much less drama compared the girls team but still some.

Field Hockey nationals, it was hard work to make Team BC but for all my hard work I was rewarded with the responsibility of being captain. I learned a lot about leadership and how to control large groups of people. Nationals were held on the campus of U of C, or University of Calgary. Here we placed 1st in the country, something I’m extremely proud of.

Overall this summer was not relaxing at all, but out of the 14 years I’ve been alive, it’s probably been my favourite. And placing 1st 3rd and 4th in the country, it’s definitely a summer I’ll be remembering for a while.

Written by:

Be First to Comment