D.I. Regionals

So this blog today is going to have to be fairly short since I’m going to have to write another post on Destination Imagination (DI) later this year since we made it to provincials! Something my teachers told me to be proud of but we were also the only team competing in our challenge, the improv, at our age level soooooooo, maybe we weren’t so good. Hey, we’re still going to provincials though so not bad, not bad. It did however make me realize my group of  RobbieWilla, Claire and Angela does still in fact have some stuff to learn and prepare. Our assignment was to be given one story prompt, three stock characters and three different genres right before we were going to perform in front of the audience and appraisers. We had to perform the story prompt with the three different stock in the three different genres so in total we had to do three skits. We had three minutes to prepare and present each skit, all those threes are probably why the challenge is called 3-Peat. If you’re still a bit confused, here’s the challenge preview:

As far as stuff we have to learn and prepare is we definitely find a way of managing our preparation time for our skit, mainly because in one of our skits we used up two minutes getting our props and planning together, not the best use of time. Before that we had practiced quite a bit of time management when rehearsing improv so I don’t know what happened but it turned out alright. Other than that everything else turned out pretty well.

Our first skit definitely went the worst. This was where we used up two minutes finding props. Probably because we were a little rattled by the fact we were actually presenting in front of appraisers and the fact that pretty much my entire class was there didn’t help. Second skit went decent, we communicated well but it just didn’t turned out as planned. Third skit went really really well, everything came together. Communication, story line, props, improv turned out pretty well, we were saying things that opened conversations, to allow others to continue naturally in the scene. After that day, I felt everything overall had gone really well.

Written by:

Be First to Comment