What Canada Means To Me

CANADA TURNS 150 THIS YEAR!! (Sorry, I’m very patriotic) And to celebrate some people are going around Canada asking “what does canada mean to you?” We were lucky enough to have them come Seycove and ask the PLP program this question. We were interviewed by the people who came to our school about it but we only had 30 seconds to answer and it was best if we told a short story to help explain. So for me the hardest part was definitely trying to fit the story of my grandpa moving over from England to escape conflict and meeting my grandma who had grown up in the Yukon, them getting married and starting a bank together which became one of the most successful banks in the territories and how my Canada is a peaceful place where unlikely people can come together wanting a better future and taking action for their future all in just 30 seconds. To create this video it took me quite a long time to get the content I wanted since I had to go through countless photos at my grandma’s and grandpa’s house and I also got a bit distracted looking at old photos of myself…

I also needed to do quite a bit of research to learn more about my heritage from up in the Yukon as well as on the Yukon itself. After I’d finished my research I got into making my video, I finally had the photos I wanted and I was ready to go. I came up with my script first so I had a general idea of how I wanted my photos and videos to be layed out and went on from there. Here’s the website where my video will be up on as well as many other videos from across Canada on What Canada Means To Me, but until mine is officially up there here it is off of YouTube, so really jsut as good…

Written by:

Be First to Comment