Everyday Essentials

Our final unit in our maker block, we completed our Health and Career unit or HCE. My favourite project we did in this class was by far this one, our Things I Carry project. We were told to reflect on our everyday lives and think about the main ten things we carry day to day. To explain what things we chose we would create and present a Keynote. Of course being the PLP class the project couldn’t be that simple, there was also quite a few requirements for the project:

For the things you carry, they could be physical as well as mental. For mine I decided it would be best to even things out and use five mental and five physical things.

Physical:

1. Water – have it in the car, at school and at all my sports

2. Phone – mainly for social media but learning to use it effectively (handing in homework, writing scripts, gps)

3. Gum – stress reliever, helps me focus and relieves hunger

4. Any way of listening to music – helps stay focused, gets me pumped up before sports events, there’s music for everything and every mood

5. Essential Oils – helps with muscle relief, bruises, headaches, congestion, just about everything can be prevented or cured with them

Mental:

1. Desire to travel – gives me a goal in life, know I’ll have to succeed in life if I want to continue travelling how I have

2. Friends – met most through sports but those have carried off the field, have friends from all across Canada and US, cheer me up, hanging out is a good way to relax, push me to be better, are the ones who believe in me

3. Passion for sports – started before I could walk, allowed to play whatever I was interested in, most of my friends come out of them, I’m happiest when I’m on the field

4. Privileges and opportunities – things would be very different if I weren’t born into the family I was or be living in Vancouver, so thankful for being able to play the sports I do, travel as much as possible and have access to almost anything needed

5. Family – None of these things would be possible without them, the ones who cheer me on, have been there for me literally since birth, support me in everything, the ones who give me advice, parents push me to be the best I can be, and often through ridicule, my brother pushes me to my max as well

I started off my keynote wiht just one or two photos of each thing since it’s easier to represent physical things. When I start talking about the mental things I carry, I then switch to a collage style and that’s because I had so many things from my life to show and represent these things, it was the best format to present them.

At the end of this project I’ve realized what sort of things are essential to my everyday life. Of course there are many other things I need, food, shelter, warmth etc. but I can’t really carry those things with me. Well, besides food, that I have most of the time…

Written by:

Be First to Comment