Really Willemse? More quilts?

So first off, me being the genius that I am forgot to take a picture of my finished quilt square on it’s own. So for now I just have my draft on my iPad not the actual quilt square. Anyways, here’s my finished product but only what I got done on the iPad:

image

This is the first square of our finished quilt. It represents how when our heroin Lisa dreamt about the sun exploding in 25 years. St first she thinks it’s just a dream but she keeps having it night after night until she starts to see it as a vision of the future.

It looks pretty boring now but the finshed product looks much better. I added silver beads on top of where the stars are now and little pieces of red, orange and yellow onto the sun to show even more how it’s exploding everywhere.

This square went through a lot of critique, like I mean days of editing and that’s another reason why this blog post is late, I didn’t get an approved square for a long time. Another reason is because apparently I didn’t nag Ms. Willemse to print it when I got back. I’m a little hesitant but I guess I have to put my other drafts in this post.

image

^ So this one just sucked because I had a really hard time coming up with an idea to represent my part of the story.

image

^ This one improved a lot but I thought the background looked plain. So I added some cloud looking things to show that this was when she was sleeping, which I ended up keeping in my final draft.

image

image

To get to this final square I overheard my teachers critiquing it at Willemse’s desk, so I got to work as they were talking but the main thing they said I should fish was the square. So I did and it was finally handed in but only 2 weeks later was it printed. I blamed Ms. Willemse but she blamed me for not nagging her. I may not have a picture of my finished quilt square but I do have a time lapse of me sewing part of it featuring: my mom’s hands showing me how to do a certain stitch. You can see me stabbing myself over and over again with my needle below.

This project was really interesting but the thing I take away is not that needles stabbing your thumb hurts a whole lot more than you think it would but the fact that even simple tasks like making a small piece to a big finshed product takes a whole lot of work but also a lot of criticism that you have to be able to take to get across the finish line.

Written by:

Be First to Comment