TPOL 2022

Hi to start here is the tPol declaration of learning

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

This will answer the driving question of this presentation: Why I feel I am ready for grade 9

accomplishments

What I have accomplished, this year I have accomplished so much and learned many things. Mostly how to use different apps on my iPad efficiently and effectively. This will prove to be very useful. I also did well on some projects like the Ultimate Design Challenge. In that project I worked hard to figure out how to properly design a model of an Xbox in tinker cad a 3D design app. I had to find a way to calculate an ovals dimensions as we did not learn that and managed to do that. I also used over 2 thousand shapes and the result was very realistic.

How I failed

One major fail was DI. We had a lot of problems with communication and colaberation. Mainly due to people nevery replying or checking pings and messages to communicate and set up times to work. But we managed a good story even if part of our challenge had failed showing that we could still work together and pull through. But I still learned from this and next DI I know what I need to get my team to work hard on and what points are the most common to fail and to be focused on more. I definitely plan to work harder and better next year next year.

Frustrations

Mostly with my attention span due to having an iPad right in front of me I would get distracted a lot and had a lot of problems. But I found that with taking a break from gaming for a bit and deleting all of them off my iPad that helped. I now know how to balance gaming and school and don’t game as much as I used to and have a better view of when its time to work and when to game. I also got better at focusing and don’t need to rely on having a very strong constricting ADHD medication and even wrote this post without my meds. I also found after practicing hard and  changing my meds to a new type in combo with a decreasing old type I can be more myself and work harder with for some reason an increased attention span. I plan to work more on this as I want to be able to work hard without getting distracted as much.

I also find PLP teaches me more and classes are way more interesting and a lot less boring than normal school work. (I still enjoy that once in a while, I know I’m a nerd and proud of it). My favourite project was the Chemistry coding project as it was very fun and I still am working on my scratch game as I find it so fun and interesting. I learned a lot about scratch and had so much fun. I don’t think there will be another project so interesting as coding is now one of my favourite things. But I think that I found nothing boring this year as I find PLP classes very interesting and fun. I think that my work is also better than my old work and has more content and fun. The classes are also fun as we get to do more than old boring textbook work.

Now to answer the driving  question

I feel I am ready for grade 9 as I have worked hard and had a very successful year. I feel that the amount of success and evaluation has reached its limit for grade 8 and that I am ready for grade 9. I also feel that I have learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I also feel that I am ready to learn more and am prepared for the challenge of grade 9 and want to face it.

That is why I feel I am ready for DI

Thanks