Tpol

Tpol
Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

This year was a hard one for me, I struggled a lot across most success behaviours and I lacked a lot of the drive I normally had for school and work. Even when I had the effort I still had to fight with myself to create proficient work and revise.

I struggled to have agency in my work and make deadlines and when on time it was low quality and often rushed. Looking back I had many points in time that I could have worked harder or ask for critique on my writing and complete the work to the level I know I can reach with proper effort and I take full responsibility for that. My path through school is one I decide and I 100% took some wrong turns and needed some directions to get back to it.

My lack of agency as a whole and low effort caused a bad domino effect hampering almost all of my success behaviours to some extent. While I still managed to focus I struggle to start focusing and can easily be thrown off track and focus on a completely different thing that I foolishly decided was a good idea to start learning about. While I love learning I need to work on controlling it to use it effectively in class and not as a separate focus. I have all the tools I need to be able to function effectively as a student and person I can’t seem to employ them properly.

Moving forward to next year I need to be able to employ most if not all of my success behaviours with a proper set of habits that compliment them. If I can’t balance my school with everything else I am prepared to sacrifice time spent on less important things to counter it until I can rebound. As long as I can do this and remain healthy and low stress I can almost guarantee improvement with myself. This year was a wake up call for me that I can’t be as ignorant as in the past and I need to be more proactive and planned to not go off the rails and stay on track.