TPOL

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner. 

Humanities 

This year in humanities we have done a lot of projects and I will start of with the one I am least proud of.

The one that I am the least proud of is consequences of colonization. The reason this is the one I’am least proud of is because I haded almost all of it late and I don’t think is was my best work. I know the reason I didn’t do this well is because it was near the end of the year and I was tired and quite stressed because the exhibition was coming up and we started to learn about our business in Oregon as well. 

What work am I most proud of in humanities.

The that I am most proud of is my ad for Astoria column. The reason I choose this for the one I’m most proud of is because I handed almost everything in on time and doing all the ad drafts was quite easy and almost fun. Obviously the best part of the project is when we went down to Oregon and actually interviewed someone who works at Astoria column. Wile doing the entire project I felt good doing it and felt good with the progress I was making. This was also probably one of my favourite projects along side with the outsiders. 

Something I could work on in humanities.

Something I could work on is not handing things in on time. I really need to work on my time management. A lot of assignments are handed in late especially in humanities. Something i could do to get better time management is us things, set reminders, and put events in my calendar also just stay aware of when the due dates are for assignments.

Science 

What project am I least proud of.

The project I am least proud of in science is journey to the center of the earth project. The reason this is the project of least proud of is because I didn’t put much effort into it. I also handed in half the project late. It also just didn’t feel like it was my best possible work. I feel like I could’ve done better with the gif that we made.

What project am I most proud of.

The work I am most proud of in science is mind over matter. During this project we made a video game. The reason this is the work I am most proud of is I put a lot of work and effort into the video game and I think it turned out well. A lot of other people used a YouTube tutorial or copied someone else code but I made mine on my own code. There were a lot of problems at first but in the end I figured it all out.

What could I work on in science.

Something I could work on in science is paying attention. In science I tend to zone out a lot and not pay attention. Ways I lose attention are getting distracted with friends or get sidetracked doing something else. Ways I can avoid or stop doing this are don’t sit next to people I can get easily distracted with and set reminders to pay attention.

Maker

What project am I least proud of in maker.

The project I am least proud of is finding fun with drawing. In this project we learned how to use sketches pro because it was at the beginning of the year. At that time I wasn’t good at drawing at all. I also handed most of it in late. And at the time I wasn’t really used to PLP and was playing games while the teachers weren’t looking. I was also stressed because it was something new that I wasn’t used to and didn’t really know how to do it.

What project am I most proud of in maker.

The project that I Am most proud of in maker is making interesting images. The reason this is the project I am most proud of is because I got a good grade in this project. I handed all of this project in on time. Even tho this was at the beginning of the year I felt really good about this project and now when I look back on it I realize how cool some of the things I made are. That is why this is the project I’m most proud of in maker.

What could I work on in maker.

Somethings I could work on in maker is to stop playing game in class. As I said earlier I used to play games a lot in class when the teachers aren’t looking. I also didn’t pay attention at all I would always be one my phone, talking to my friends or playing games on my iPad. Ways I could work on these things are to sit in a way that always has the teachers behind me to make it near impossible to play games, I could put my phone in my backpack so its less tempting then it being in my pocket or on the table, another thing i could do is sit away from my friends before we have random groups if  we do.

Everything

My favourite project from this year

My favourite project this year is the outsiders. This project may not be my best project but this was one of the funnest projects we have done this year. The reason this project was so fun is because we got to read pretty much every class and our homework was to read, if you haven’t caught on by now I like to read. It was also fun because it was our first project and PLP was still new to me so it was fun that way as well. The outsiders was a really good book as well, it was a lot of fun to make the book cover (witch was our final assignment) we had trouble thinking of ideas tho. That is why the outsiders was my favourite project this year.

What was my least favourite project this year.

My least favourite project this year was finding fun with drawing. This was a difficult choice because there wasn’t really a project I really disliked it this is the one that I din’t really like. The reason I didn’t like this one is because it involved drawing. I don’t really like drawing in general but this I especially didn’t like because it was one the iPad. I hadn’t use the drawing a before on the iPad so I didn’t really understand it that well and the angle that the iPad was at was very uncomfortable and when I had it flat it felt weird since it was slightly above the table my arm were resting on. That is why finding fun with drawings was my least favourite project this year.

The question we’ve all been waiting for…

Am I ready for grade 9 PLP?

Yes I am ready for PLP 9. The reason I am ready for PLP 9 are I am willing to grow as a PLP learner, I am willing to take on any challenges that comes my way and not quit, as I’ve done in the past. As this year has gone one I have been handing in less and less things in late and by grade 9 hopefully almost nothing will be handed in late. Another reason I know I’m ready for grade 9 PLP is I have become a better learner from the beginning of the year. Those I the reasons I know I am ready for grade 9 PLP

Thank you for listening to my tPOL (Transitional Presentation of Learning)

The end