Grit

Grit! It is a very powerful virtue those who have it will be certain to succeed. Grit is a measure of your determination and your personal perseverance, a important trait to have to succeed in work, school, and life. I did a test to measure my grit, and I found myself with average amount of grit, on a scale of 1-5 I had a 3.08. Although this says I am average, I believe I have above average grit under the right circumstances. When I have to do something and I really don’t want too, I have little to no grit. I will refuse to work hard for something that I don’t have my heart into. Sometimes that is why I have trouble focusing on certain school projects, and often flip flop between ideas. When I have a project that I am interested in I have a tremendous amount of grit. For instance, I had a socials project last year, where I needed to make sports cards for Ancient Greek and roman gods. I loved working on those types of projects, and I worked for many hours on those cards, without breaks. Overall, I am a pretty determined and personally motivated person, and use that in my learning most of the time.