Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Advertisements

For the past few weeks in school we have been learning about advertisements.  We have gone through topic after topic, for example PathosLogos, and Ethos, or the techniques of advertising and how they appeal to others.  We have even learned about what colour means what in advertising.  It definitely has been a crazy first half-term, but at least I have something to show for it.

img_0073

The different couplers and what they mean.

For our final project we created three ads a business ad, a tourist ad, and a Earthquake awareness. Even though it was a school project and we were given lots of time to work on it, that we worked on it mostly at home.  One thing that helped a lot that we did at school was we were split into groups so we could critique each others ads. I liked the critique time because when you are working on your on advertisement it is very hard to find something to work on, but when others critique it its a lot easier, even though it hurts a little inside 🙂.

The business ad, tourist ad, and Earthquake awareness were all hard in different ways. The earthquake ad was hard because you could never find the right picture, but in hindsight it was fairly easy to overcome this problem because all you had to do was to create the ad around the picture.  The tourist ad was fairly easy compared to the other two but was my only half picture ad.  Finally, my business ad was the hardest not only because it was hard to find a picture but also because you had to explain what your company does.  These three ads really shaped my introduction to high school, and explained many life goals to me.

design

This is the third draft of my earthquake awareness ad, I used the advertisement techniques,  Rhetorical Question, in which i
ask a question that the viewer is supposed to answer in a way that affirms a product’s goodness, and Vague Claim in which i
use colourful words that are totally meaningless to the advertisement.

design

This is the third draft of my tourist ad, it is the only ad were i used a picture that does not fit the hole page, i call it a half image ad.  I used the advertisement techniques, So What Claim a claim which is true but gives no real advantage to the product.

design

This is the third draft of my business ad,  Its for a business called shelter relocations visit them at: Shelter relocations.  I used the advertisement techniques weasel words and vague claims.