Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Grit, Is it Bad Or is it Good

Some people measure grit on a scale, where others measure grit by the persons actions. I like to measure grit by how much he or she preservers and accomplishes goals no matter the obstacles. Before I get off, let me tell you what grit is. Grit is the courage that it takes to over come your obstacles and accomplish your goals. Grit is shown by strength in character and willpower. In class today we learned about grit and how it effects your every day life. We even took a grit quiz. Unfortunately I don’t exactly think the quiz really shows how much grit a person has. I mean how can it, you can’t really measure a persons emotions and thoughts with a piece of paper. Do you really think that grit is the same for every one. Yes, grit can be when you work hard but how about if you’re working hard doing some thing bad without using common sense, like robbery. Can having grit be bad, does it mean that you have little common sense or that your selfish. Selfishness can easily be shown by working toward your goals, for example how about if your goal is to become the head of a office, but to do that you have to let someone go. Would you fire them and accomplish your goal or would you not rue there life and not accomplish your goal. Back to the point I think grit is a useful trait to have but under the wrong circumstances it really isn’t that good, but after all this is just my opinion right?

2 Comments

1. lucao September 26, 2016 — Post Author

What’s your opinion, write it in the comments below.