Loon Lake in a Nutshell

🤔Introduction

From November 27-December 1, PLP 9 travelled to Loon Lake and nobody knew what to expect. Little did we knwo that this expedition provided physical challenges, trust falls, communication skills, but as a whole, challenging ourselves.

📈What Were Some of the Things I Learned?

– We learned what type of leadership style we were and I am a Challenger/Encourager which  tells me I take risks, challenges my own way of doing things, and praises other for achievements and successes which makes a lot of sense as I have played team sports for years as well as it sounds a lot like my personality and character.

– I gained insight on the benefits of just expanding your comfort zone everyday as Jono had a in depth speech on how stretching your comfort zone whether mentally or physically everyday just improves your happiness.

– I also gained perspective on other people’s lives as well the Crossing the Line activity we did together in the gym. To be honest, that experience was very informative and I realize just how easy my life is compared to other peoples but at the same time I think all of us had mixed feelings of both empathy and relatedness to one another.

✅Conclusion

Overall, I feel that after what I learned through this awesome experience, I truly believe that I’m much more willing to take risks than I ever was before because I realize that being too comfortable in life isn’t my way to live, everyday I want to challenge myself in some way whether it’s, social, physical, etc. Recently, I started by challenging my limits through cold plunges down by the cove and in all honesty, it absolutely sucked. But the minutes of pain and cold were so rewarding after. My body felt amazing and so refreshed once I ran up the hill and jumped into the hot tub.