Destination Imagination Part 1

🤔Introduction

Over the span of 3 months, I have taken part as a member of the Technical Team a.k.a. The Pinball Heroes in D.I. which is a PBL program with intentions to instill creativity in young learners. Although, we have come face to face with many revisions, inconveniences, and challenges we made it all the more worth it in the end winning the 1st place spot in our category of work. While everything seemed bleak and hopeless, we managed to come up with our proficient interpretation of Back to the Future.

📈What Were Some of the Things I Learned/Improved?

– Communication was a big competency throughout this entire project as a great portion of DI was on our own time giving us a lot of responsibility to sort out when and where our team meets up. 

– Most of the team members were pretty up to date and lifting their weight with consistency.

– We did very well in the instant challenges as we go full marks due to our creativity where we had to come up with activities to do at the airport.

– We had developed a plot full of twists and turns as well as pretty remarkable detail in the story.

– Most of all, we brought a decently consistent machine that consisted of all the modules and requirements that worked well with our story.

📉What Were Areas Where I Think I Can Further Improve Upon?

– In the future, I need to have better awareness of our plans as I don’t check my iPad often enough that I sometimes don’t see messages in our team Basecamp and next thing I know, I missed a meetup session (lack of communication awareness).

– I need to be a more reliable teammate when it comes to showing up for tutorial team sessions, meetings, and especially dress rehearsals.

– I must plan out my schedule better with my team.

– Improvisation can occur but it should be the very last resort when it comes to the day of the tournament. We prevent this from happening by asking questions and rehearsing or lines and actions prior to the tournament.

✅Conclusion

Overall, the first tournament was a success. We grabbed the first place spot in our category (Pinball Heroes), we split our work up quite well by dividing separate tasks evenly (fair work load, and something to take into consideration prior to the next tournament is preparation by working really hard weeks before the tournament rather than starting to do so 3 days before!