Greetings everyone, and I am back with another post! Today I am going to be talking about my Oregon Ad. A couple of weeks back, my class and I took a roadtrip to Newport, Oregon. We had to interview one business in our groups and our group interviewed Chalet Restaurant and Bakery. The waitresses were so friendly and nice to talk to. They told us they wanted to somehow incorporate family in our ads because they were really big on showing people this business was family owned.

My first draft looked a little bit like this:

The feedback that I got was that there was too many words and it was really hard to find a focus on my ad. I was trying to tell too many stories and didn’t really have focal point. I kept that in mind and tried to tone it done with this ad:

I thought this was an improvement from my first draft because I didn’t tell 5 stories in one picture and it was easy on the eyes (not focusing on to many things.) When I got feedback, I was told that the fonts were a bit boring and needed to spice it up a bit😉!

I tried to make the fonts look interesting, but it didn’t really work out. I was told that the font looked like a horror font. That was not what I was going for in this ad. Another problem was the catchphrase. That catchphrase you see there (“Quality Food at a Affordable Prices”) was NOT what there main point when we interviewed them. They wanted family incorporated in the ad so I did this….

I finally got the response I was looking for! I got a much better response to this ad! My teacher said that I have gone through a “huge improvement” and I also think that too! I think this ad hits the spot while being subtle and simple. I love the phrase that I came up with at the end and overall I think that I progressed well and am happy with how it finally turned out!

Alright that is it for today bloggers, I hope you enjoyed my post and if you did go comment below and tell me what you think!

Thank you for reading my post and see you in the next one!

~Malaika💛