Hola everybody and welcome back to another post! This is part 2 of a post that I have already published. If you haven’t read that post you can click here to read it. Without further ado let’s get started!

As I said in my last post, our first big project in class was to create an ad for a local buisness. This started in early September and ended in early October. We went through several drafts and several stages of criticism and feedback and finally finished with the unit. I knew absolutely nothing about advertising until this unit and now I even pay more attention when I see ads in the everyday world.

When we were 75% through working on our ads, we took a visit to Pound and Grain , which is an advertising agency that is located in downtown. We took class roadtrip down there and saw how they worked and basically what they did. We sat down at the writers table and discussed how we can make our ads better. We talked about the techniques that we could use in our ads to make them more appealing to our audience.

We were required to write some sketch notes and some notes about our visit to the buissness. What we took away from our experience, we had to put it in a sketch note and here is mine!

These were all the main points they talked about and I really think I used them in both of our ad projects. You can go check out my progress on my second ad project here! I definitely think that I have made so much progress not from my first draft to my last draft, but from my first project to my second. I think my first project was not as good as it could’ve been, but I think my second project was something that I would put out to the real world.

Thanks for reading my post and if you liked something about it, go comment below and let me know!

~Malaika💛