What’s up everyone, I’m back with another blog post! This was a really interesting assignment to do. We had various activities to do, and a final project which was really GOLD. I can’t wait to show you guys my finished project. So… lets get started!

Activity 1 was to “Shoot Self-Portraits, complete by Thurs. Nov 15.” This basically was we had to take pictures of ourselves in different ways. Like using timer to take the picture, or taking the picture from different angles. Once we completed that, then came Actvitity 2. We had to “Make a Portrait complete by Fri. Nov 16.” , which basically was finishing the portraits. Activity 3 was “Create a Silhouette Portrait by Sat, Nov 17.” . For this activity, spent a long time outside my house trying to get the perfect portrait. I finally was satisfied and came inside to my hot chocolate and fireplace. And conclusively, we had to complete our final project: “Creating a Portrait from the Past by Mon. Nov 19.” . This is where the fun begins! We had to recreate a photo from the past and do the best we could do.

I went digging through my photos and came across a couple weird and funny ones that make me think about what I actually did as a child. But I found a photo that I wanted to recreate. I will show you the picture, don’t worry. I sat my mom down and showed her and we tried to recreate it the best we could. Here is the actual picture and the recreation:

I know its not exact, I tried to capture the moment again. It was February 14, 2006 and now its November 19, 2018! It feels like time had just flow by! It was my first Valentines Day, so we took that amazing picture, and now I can thank my dad for taking it because it’s helping me now!

It was a struggle to recreate that picture, yes it was really really hard. I tried to get the lighting just right, and the props, and the clothes, because everything has changed now. It was hard to even find the correct position to make because my mother cannot carry me now! It was a fun challenge trying to figure all this stuff out and in the end I think we did pretty good!

Thank you for reading my post and if you liked something about this post or any others, go comment below and lets talk! If you want to try this project, go ahead and comment your recreation!

Thanks again and see you in the next one!!

~Malaika💛