Quilting the sun…. Nana nana.

Hello everybody! Marcus is here with more quilt madness like other PLP students!

Anyway! As this is my quilt creation process blog a.k.a Epic Blog Post part two, I will show the creation process of my quilt.

Whooooo. Here we go.

This is a picture of the of my quilt that I have created on paper. Not quilting yet, just paper. Not actual paper, the app paper.

The first thing in the video (on YouTube) is a timelapse of the trial run quilt that I created, and after it is the timelapse of me doing the sun, using a golden thread.
  After that was the clouds. The clouds were outlined using a silver thread, which refrences the metaphor “every cloud has a silver lining”. After that, it’s doing the tree, which I did by first outlining the tree and then going from the top to the bottom on the outside, and back to the top on the inside in shiny green thread. (the inside being the back, and the outside being the picture itself.) then, it’s a timelapse of me doing the outside of the quilt itself, but with a sewing machine, in black thread. Then I did the outline of the city,  in blue thread. Finally, I used some scraps of green cloth to add some depth to the grass on the bottom of my quilt, with green thread and a sewing machine. That’s all! I hope it’s good enough… 

You can check the video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlnam0AWKTs