Science Artifacts And reflection

1. Choose a sample lab, quiz, test, or a specific project to describe in detail. After describing the process that you went through to create it, identify your strengths and target areas for improvement in future work.

2. Reflect about your overall strengths and weaknesses in Science/Math. You could mention projects, quizzes, etc. Identify specific Science/Math goals for the remaining academic year.

My favourite project that took place this year in science was the genetic disorder video project. I really enjoyed making this and it took us about two weeks of making drafts, taking pages of notes and research, and putting together the final video. I think my strengths of this project was taking the notes I needed within the first few days so I had a very long time to make the best video I could, and I ended up being very proud of the final results. Some things I can improve on is not have many words on my slides, and instead having detailed pictures and describing what was happening. My overall strengths in science would be researching, and finding good information about what we are learning. Some of my weaknesses would be learning and memorizing the vocabulary and terms we use to describe things like matter and such.

Here are some of the research notes I took for the genetic disorder project.
Sickle cell disease is a blood disease. It gets its name because a person’s red blood cells are shaped like sickles, or crescent moons, instead of their usual round, disc shape. Round blood cells are the healthiest blood cells because they can move through the body and carry oxygen.”

Here is my sickles cell disease.

IMG_3835.JPG

0 comments