Throwing the Puzzle Pieces into the Fire: Stories of Picking up the Pace

My PLP trip to the south was outstanding. I have absolutely no idea where to start. The hospitality, the laughs, Tim, picking up the pace, the museums, and all the amazing experiences in general.

Let’s start with the adventure in Atlanta. Waking up four o’clock in the morning, I was pretty tired for the first day. My friends and I still had loads of fun on the first having diner at Teds Montana Grill.

The second day was spent visiting the civil and human rights museum, CNN headquarters private tour, and them the Georgia Aquarium. Countless great times and funny memories were made that day. The next day was meant to be our last in Atlanta, until the accident…

The following days of the trip brought laughs, joy, fun, and Tradegy…? On the second day our teacher Mr. Hughes had an accident during our Segway Tour of Atlanta, and severely broke his leg. This held our trip up by one day, but also brought Mr. Hughes’ replacement, Tim! Tim was a great guy who we had a lot of fun with.

We continued our trip after he arrived as planned to Montgomery, Selma, Birmingham, Nashville, Missisipi Delta, and Tupelo. To see all photos and videos from our trip, click here.

This trip down to the south left me with many outstanding experiences. Our entire class truest felt the “Southern Hospitality” while visiting there. Every church, restaurant, museum, and attraction we visited left an impact on me. After learning about the civil rights movement, visiting the places where they happened truly impacted me. I have never taken a field trip like this one before.

img_7404.jpg

0 comments