Bet you can’t guess!

Yes. It’s back. The thing. The thing I, to a degree, can’t actually talk about by risk of disqualification even though we still have a lot to learn compared the other teams meaning that there won’t be any other competitions we’re a part of for months at least. The thing that, despite this, I must write about, because even though we’re now older than we normally would be doing this, covid is supposedly no excuse for missing a year of it. If you actually managed to guess that from this very vague and unhelpful description, kudos to you! If you didn’t, ah, well, I’m feeling good right now, so kudos to you too! I’m talking about Destination Imagination,  of course, known more informally and more widely referred to as D.I.

Image source: https://www.youtube.com/user/DIGlobalFinals

Now, if you’ve read my previous posts, you’ll probably know what D.I is, and I would guess nearly anyone reading this has indeed been in the domain before, but I’ll give a recap, just for fun. Destination imagination is a competition of creative and interesting minds, who select theirs challenges category as a team, and work collaboratively to form innovative solutions to their seemingly insurmountable plights. It is all about empowering minds both young and old, and teaching all about the most interesting aspects of life. Was that a good sales pitch? You decide. Regardless, we’ve got a post to continue.

Image source: https://www.blog44.ca/tamaras/2018/03/13/destination-imagination-2018-adventure-awaits/

My team opted to engage in the scientific challenge, a highly intellectual undertaking that required us to create and present a thrilling and riveting tale of at least one character, who enters a microworld of some sort, and encounters a mysterious object in the process, which must play a role in the story. The esteemed members of my great team, going by the Revolutionary name of “Yes” were Julien, Nya, Ryan, Liam, and Keenan. We combined our diverse skillset to produce an excellent final product easily worthy of our challenge. Utilizing combinations of leadership skills, technological skills, theatrical skills, craftsmanship skills, and anything in between, we felt true mutual synergy between us, and most importantly, we gave it our all. To be perfectly honest, not everything went completely according to plan, such as our custom-made light sensor not working, even though we tested it excessively beforehand and it worked then, and some of the sound effects were late or not present at all, but overall, it could’ve gone a lot worse. I could go into full detail explaining our presentation, but a picture’s worth a thousand words, and a video, more than that.

Overall, we went through a long process of hard work, labour, procrastination, anxiety, and planning to make things work. We were seemingly less productive in the first bit, although I daresay that was more of a planning phase than anything, thus meaning we did, in fact, get things done at a reasonable rate, though physical evidence of such had been put off. The second part of our project was mostly the same, with the foundations of the complex physical props and and tech stuff being completed. The third phase of it all was the culmination of our work, where we truly had a final product we could show off and be proud of. Anyways, what I’ve learned is that teamwork is the virtue above all when working in groups, and together, as a collective, we can make it all work, no matter the situation or predicament. On a sidenote, I’ve noticed that if you want to impress the teachers, you need “Wow!” Factor, not plans.

Anyways, that concludes this post, essentially everything has already been said, but despite everything, I can’t, or at least won’t, change my farewell that comes now.

*Brofist*