Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now, for the record, it would be easier for all of us if we pretend this post was on time. Indeed, I cannot be sure whether or not it will be marked, but honestly? If finishing this will convince my mom that my summer break has started (it started 3 days ago), then it’s worth it. If you couldn’t tell, I’m a tad bit tired. Tired of school, tired of arguing, and ready to be done with this. Time to squeeze out whatever last bit of personality I can into this post. 

Image source: https://bodylanguagecentral.com/meaning-of-guy-staring-at-you-a-lot-without-talking-to-you/

Ok, what I wrote earlier didn’t exactly describe what I was supposed to write about, so here we go. For those who don’t know, in the PLP program, we perform an exhibition to show off our learning every winter and spring*. In it, we create a project based on the driving question of our assigned subject, and present it to those who tour the exhibition, who are mostly parents. This year, we in grade 11 worked on the subject of school improvement. The idea was that we would create an artifact to show our chosen solution to a given problem with the school system, and display it to our audience. Now, as for the details of my project specifically, well, keep reading.

*always in the summer

Image source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Exeter_High_School_(New_Hampshire).jpg

Interestingly enough, my project was originally planned to be significantly larger. I planned to talk all about ideal school structures, management of school funding, how we can make it happen etc., while presenting that in the medium of a speech and a keynote (Apple version of powerpoint) presentation. I had also planned to create a model of an ideal school, a 2d model, but still a large undertaking. I was advised by Ms. Maxwell that that would be not only nearly impossible, but a waste of my time and potential. In hindsight, she was definitely right, so it’s a good thing I listened then! I ended up cutting it down to just the presentation, but of course, kept the basic idea for the project. It ended up being a pretty broad range of topics, and indeed  one hard to categorize, but not only did I manage, I ran a voting operation in which visitors to the exhibition could vote on the solution they wanted to see implemented, with ballots, a ballot box, candidate list, etc. In case you were curious, I was, in fact, the victor of the vote due to the fact that I simply asked people to vote for me, and they did. I suppose that’s the moral of the story: people will follow whatever leader is available, no questions asked. As for the exhibition itself, I’d say they’re getting less stressful by the year, which is ironic considering the fact that I’m actually doing more work in them, but I suppose my greater effort, and in this case, even leadership, has truly elevated my experience further. I’ll admit, I didn’t think I could lead anything, but I managed to not only play a big part in the floorplan, but I ran the vote, which was my idea, and facilitated exclusively by me. Wow. Just wow.

Image source: https://compassmedical.net/our-leadership/business-leadership-concept-building-team-and-effecting-solution/

Just this, and then the outro. That’s all that’s left. Unfortunately, this is the description of the core competencies, so it’s not the most pleasant. Regardless, our first competency is decision-making. I’d say this is the best I’ve ever done on this competency by a longshot. My project was largely based around the inclusion of different voices, and I like to think that I included as many as possible. I wrote of the problems of everyone, and thus did my best to consider other’s perspectives. I, of course, also made a lot of good judgments to help the group, and was truly much more independent than ever. We also need to talk about processing. Honestly? I didn’t do too bad here. My thought processes were as creative and intuitive as ever, but now were directed towards something more productive than usual. I reflected on and improved upon my work, and indeed showed my ability to adapt and think critically.

Here it is, the end of grade 11 posts. I’d say I feel nostalgic and happy, but nope, just tired. Here’s an ending.

*Brofist*