How my Friend Saves the World (Hopefully)

So, this post is going to be a little bit different.

Most of my posts are reflections on nearly month long projects, this however, while still a reflection, is reflecting on one day, instead of 30.

So yeah, a bit of a change up

You’re probably wondering “but why”

Because of a nation wide work experience day for all grade nines across Canada, making it the biggest work experience day in Canadian history.

I don’t know if you’ve heard of it before, it’s called “take your kid to work” day.

Of course, I didn’t go with a parent, I went with a family friend. 

(Hi Dana if you’re reading this)

So, where did I go? What did I do?

Let’s start with the where did I go. I went to Ekona power, you can check out their website here, but I’ll still talk about them here. Ekona Power is a company currently developing a methane pyrolysis reactor. Whoa that’s a lot of big words, but what do they mean? You can figure out if you watch my very cinematic only-a-little-bit scuffed Netflix style video!

Now for the what did I do, I had a lot of fun at Ekona! We started with a tour, then a basic explanation of their generator, and how it can change the world! Then we used about $20,000 worth of 3d printers to make random little gadgets, played around with liquid nitrogen, and learnt a little bit about methane electrolysis, which is similar to pyrolysis, but it uses electricity instead of heat.

I want to thank everyone at Ekona power one more time for the best take your kid to work day I could ever ask for.