In PLP we’ve done several projects and assignments to show off ourselves more, to show what and who inspires us and show off more of who we are as a person. As for this assignment we had to choose one quote, choose an imagine to go along with it, and create a mini podcast type video of us reading the quote. The quote has to relate to us and show us off, it couldn’t just be any random quote. I first started off with the quote, I wanted to choose something that really repressed my funny and goofy personality. I started looking for quotes from my favourite role models/entertainers that I like, I found a couple but they still didn’t really represent me that well. I wanted it to be short to the point but funny and entertaining as this would only be a short little video, I wanted it so that my voice would have expression. I decided to choose a quote from one of my favourite musicians “Tyler, The Creator”, he’s generally a very funny guy and he had several quotes that could represent me as a person. The quote I chose was “I never want to grow up”, this has been said before by several people before but Tyler has said it so many times, he’s an adult but you can tell he’s very funny and he stays true to this quote. Tyler is a very very hard working guy, on the outside he may seem goofy and not seem to care about anything. He’s a musician, he produces all his songs, he has his own lifestyle brand “Golf”, he has several Tv shows, and he’s a comedian. He’s probably one of the most hard working people from our generation and he always has a smile on his face, he never cares what anyone thinks about him and just does what he wants.

Next I started planning out my drawing, I wanted to include a picture of me. I wanted the picture to also add a comedic affect, the drawing took me quite a while as I put detail into the foreground and then used water paint in the background to make it pop. I took this photo with my friends and there’s just a lot of memories behind it and I really like the original photo, below is the original photo. Drawing and creating the Image was easy as we used an app called Tayasui Sketches pro, its a really easy to use app and it was actually pretty fun.

Next I had to turn it into a short little video, I recorded my voice which was very easy and I payed it over my image. I had to create my own music in garage band which was very very easy, garage band has a feature where it can create its own little drum beat for you so I used that, I then recorded a bass guitar over it to add a little more until it sounded like what I wanted. I wanted something that would add to the overall comedic affect and I think it goes nicely. This project was actually very fun, I got to learn a lot more about the different apps we used, I also got to learn more about quotes and how to choose one that represents you. Below is the recording from this assignment.