So another science blog post…

In science class we have been learning about the different types of energy especially renewable energy. Obviously we would be given a project for this overall idea, the project was to build a device that could capture energy from nature and use that energy for and everyday use. We would be grouped off into equal groups of four so my group consisted of Sofia, Ethan, Sydney and I. We decided that for the device we would create a water wheel, we would make this water wheel using every day materials like plastic, wood, etc…

This water wheel would be connected to a electrical hand crank that would also be connected to a set of LED lights. We first started off with a draft that would act more like a pulley system, the pulley would turn the hand crank and set off the lights but it never ended up working so that when we went with the water wheel idea.

We first thought of making a bigger water wheel that would fit into a river but instead we focused on making it hand held as it would just be a lot better. We constructed the water wheel out of four solo cups, a container, pvc pipe, and a hand crank. It was generally a pretty easy build, it was just the designing portion that took a while. 

The last part of this project was to make a video advertisement parody, we were to create an advertisement for our product and make it feel like an actual advertisement you’d see on TV. I edited the whole video, it was very easy to edit as advertisements are simple short videos. I just put all the clips together added effects and our graphs and added some background music. This project was very fun as it was so open and I love projects that involve a video aspect to them, I had a lot of fun and I’m proud of what my group came up with.