Another week another math project, we’ve recently just finished up our new math project and it was actually very fun. We got to choose our partners and then choose a topic. The overall main idea was to compare three cell phone companies and look at the data plans, then choose three similar plans within the companies. Michael and I chose not to do this as it didn’t really interest us and we knew that basically the whole class would be doing this topic, both of us are really interested in shoes and clothing so we combined our interests into this project. The idea for our project was to take four different models of shoes, see how much they are selling for and then estimate which shoe would be the Best Buy. Each of the shoes we chose have resell value, this means that they are above the retail price and have value. We used a website called StockX to look at the prices of the shoes over the past year. I use StockX a lot so personally I trust this website, I’ve even ordered shoes off of it. StockX is basically a market for shoes where you can buy and sell shoes, it also acts as a stock market for shoes and clothing.

We presented our project as a keynote, we used four shoes in our project and had multiple graphs showing our research and the prices of each shoes over the past year. In the end we found that the ‘Jordan 1 Royal’ is the best shoe to buy, right now the shoe is sitting at around $260-$300 but in the future that price could jump into the thousands. Michael and I worked great together, this project was a little more challenging than the data one as we had to take all four shoes and average them out so that we could predict how much they would be in the future, we also had to find the average monthly price for each shoe. This project was really great as we got to find a way to include our personal interests into a fun and interesting topic. I’m really glad that I chose a different as the data one didn’t sound to interesting to me. I learned a lot about graphing and linear graphs. This has been my favourite math project of the year.