What does Canada mean to you, what does it mean to be Canadian?, that’s the question we where asked in class that took all of us quite a few minutes to come up with an answer. People from the website Here’s me Canada came to our class and presented us with a challenge. They wanted each and every one of us to create a 30 second To me Being Canadian means that your respectful, that we are all very proud of the country we are from or live in. Canada is a multicultural country that is accepting of all nationalities and races. My Canada is nature, my Canada is going on hikes with friends in the beautiful nature, I am so thankful that I was born in Canada I couldn’t imagine growing up anywhere else. I really enjoyed this little challenge because our video could be about anything, it just had to show what Canada means to us, it let us use our imagination to the fullest capacity and it was great fun. For my video I used footage that I had on my iPad from the new year. Every year in deep cove there is a tradition called the Penguin Plunge, the penguin plunge is when a bunch of people from all over Vancouver or anyone who wants to do it runs into the water on the deep cove beach. Due to it being winter the water is freezing and usually people like to go in wearing costumes, I do it every year and it’s really fun seeing everyone screaming in the freezing water wearing ridiculous costumes. I decided to use this for my video because it shows just how fun and great canada is, it shows how Canada is multicultural with all the different people running into the water and just having fun. I edited my video using iMovie, I wanted to use shots that were bright and colourful, because the video could only be 30 seconds long I wanted to use shots and angles that would be more interesting to look at. I decided to not use any dialogue in my video to just show off the craziness of the penguin plunge, I added some music over to make it more enjoyable and it didn’t take to long to edit. My very first draft was completely different it was me and some friends hiking up quarry rock, I changed it to the penguin plunge as I found it more interesting and fun to watch as my first video was quite boring and uninteresting. Below is my video I hope you enjoy watching it, and also check out the Here’s My Canada website to watch other great videos made by people all over Canada.