Canada? Canada?!? Who Said Anything About Canada!?!

Well, I guess I was the one who said Canada, and as the polite stereotypical Canadian I am, I guess I have to continue the conversation. Luckily the topic of Canada fits perfectly into my current school project, almost as if someone wanted this to happen.

(That someone is me, incase you didn’t understand the sarcasm \/(0_0)\/     )

The project I was about to explain before I was so rudely interrupted (by myself), was the What Is Canada To Me Video Assignment Where You Can Win Awesome Prizes While Having Loads Of Fun. Long name isn’t it? Despite the name, it was an awesome project that really helped me understand and think about what it means, to me, to be Canadian.

I’m getting ahead of myself.

In case you don’t know what this project is about, allow me to enlighten you. The What Is Canada To Me Video Assignment Where You Can Win Awesome Prizes While Having Loads Of Fun project was actually a video making contest we were (incentively) encouraged to participate in by our teachers.

To be honest, I’m glad I did it because it was loads of fun. I liked finding out what other people think about Canada, the stereotypes that are made about Canadians and the opportunity to improve my video making skills with a subject I find interesting.

The aim of this contest was to have people from various age groups create a thirty-second video about what Canada means to them.

To me, Canada is a place of acceptance and tolerance regardless of your religion or heritage. To demonstrate this, I took inspiration from my grandfather’s arrival to Canada, after the second World War. I was inspired by my lovely Grandfather because I thought it was quite interesting that I had a relative go through the Canadian immigration process – similar to what the folks in my video experienced as well.