Laser laws

Laser Laws

Hello fellow blog readers, today we are going to be talking about my latest project in scimatics, Laser Laws. This project is about the law of lasers and the law of reflection. How can we test the pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection? The driving question for this project is How can we test the pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection? And now I can tell you the Answer.

Let’s get right into it.

Let’s get started with my mind map 

This mind map shows my questions from the start of the project, and the answers from the end.

Questioning and guessing

I think I was accomplished, because I was actually really interested in lasers at the star of this project. I wanted to know why they go on forever, why they are different colours it’s an 

Interesting topic. I think I demonstrated accomplished, because I did all the work, I did my MindNode and was able to answer all of my questions, but I think I could do better at handing stuff in on time. Me and my group helped each other and if we didn’t understand something we would use are iPad to figure it out. We would estimate, and question ourselves to see if we are doing the best we can.

Communicating and representing 

In this competency I think I did really good. I Was able to communicate my ideas to everyone in my group. I represented my idea of a trapezoid, and that’s the shape we used for are project. For example when we couldn’t figure out where to put the mirrors, we all communicated to solve the problem, we communicated who’s doing what and how to do it. We organized are roles and it made us work way more effectively, and when the presenting day came we were ready because of how well we communicated.

Applying and innovating

In this project I really applied myself. I came up with the idea of a trapezoid and it worked out great. It took multiple try’s to get it on point and eventually it worked. We innovated it by moving the mirrors trying different techniques with the laser and eventually we got it by working as a team and putting are ideas together to form a great project. Then we all inputted are thoughts on decorating it, then we decided to make it a blue design and it turned out great.

This is my milestone 4 right triangle I made on ray optics simulator.

My favourite thing in this project was how we got to work with actual lasers, and I didn’t expect it to look so cool at then, I expected to have it be kinda lit up but then, outta no where it was awesome how cool everyone’s designs looked like at the end of the project with all the fog it was so cool. Thank you for reading, have a good day, see you next time, by.

The Big Five

The big five stands for the five best soccer leagues in the world. In this post I’m going to to be sharing the big five and there best teams. You will see the best league which contains the best players. The first league and the number one on the planet is the premier league. The premier league is home to some of the best teams of all time like Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and many more. And is the league Cristiano Ronaldo plays in. This league is in England.

Those are the big five. The next is La liga the Spanish national league. It’s home to teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Athletico Madrid. The reason this Is such a cool league is because of their tiki taka play style, which is sharp quick attacking passing and dribbling soccer. The next league is the Italian league, which has the best defence in the world. The league is called the Seria A. It’s very defensive, and is home to teams like Juventus, inter Milan, Milan, Napoli, and many more.

the Bundesliga is the German league that has great attacking soccer. And is home to the champions league winner and one of the best on the planet Robert Lewandowski. The Bundesliga has great clubs like Bayern Munich, and Borrusia Dortmund.

And the last league the French national league has been dropped out of top five and been replaced by liga no’s the Portuguese league. This is the league Ronaldo started in.

Thank you for reading I hope you learned something.

The thing you need to play soccer.

hey everybody welcome back, In this post I’m going to be continuing the blogging series where I get to choose my topic. Before you read don’t forget to checkout my previous two posts in this series. In this post I’m going to be showing you an image I sketched about my favourite sport, which is my topic for this series. I’m going to be taking you through my entire process of drawing this.

This is the ball I tried to copy. I think I did an alright job at drawing one for my first time.

So this is my final result. So I started of by just analyzing the picture than I decided to take it in to sketches pro. I took it in and started tracing the black shapes. Then i moved on to making the white part pop out. The final thing I did was add stitch marks for it to look more realistic.

the reason I choose a ball was because without the ball you couldn’t play soccer it’s the most important part. Here’s a link to the evolution of  soccer balls. Thank you for reading and I hope this inspired you to draw your own ball.

The two best players in the world

the best, a term in soccer that describes the player with most trophies or most goals but there’s much more then that. The current two best are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the argument could go any. Some people believe Messi is better then Ronaldo because he has more player of the year awards by two. Others believe Ronaldo is better because he has more goals and has played harder leagues. In my personal opinion I think  they are equal, I think Messi’s a fantastic dribbler and Ronaldo’s a fantastic shooter.

I have huge respect for both of these players. There are other great players like Neymar, Kevin de Bruyne, Mbappe and many more. The ballon dor  is a comet ion for player of the year in Europe Messi one it this year, he has seven, Ronaldo has five. The thing I like most about Messi is how quick of a dribbler he is. The thing I like most about Ronaldo is how he is the hardest working person on the planet, and has majorly inspired me. I hope you have learned something from this post and maybe you can do some research and pick who you think is better.

here’s Messi

Here’s Ronaldo 

Thank you for reading. I hope you learned something.

Why soccer is the best sport

This is the introduction post of my topic on our genius hour post. For my topic I decided to choose soccer. It is called soccer in the USA, Canada, but its actual name is football, the is the name I refer to. Through theses posts I am going to be explaining the rules of this sport, famous players, and much more. We are going to be starting from the top and showing everything all over again. You’ll see and learn about players like Ronaldo and Messi.

Thank you for reading and get ready to learn lots more.

The Outsiders

The Outsiders

Hello Everybody in this post we are going to be talking about are plp 8 outsiders exhibition based on world view. In this project we were introduced to worldview. Are teachers old us that worldview was a pair of goggles that everyone sees the world through. To learn more about world view we were assigned the novel The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. This book was a really good way to learn more about worldview because the Socs the upper class have a different view, and the greasers the lower class have a different view too. The driving question for this project is what can the outsiders teach about worldview. I now know how to answer this question.

There were three stages through this project the first stage was reading and learning about the book and worldview. We had to understand each characters worldview and how he or she has been influenced. The second stage was practicing acting and learning and practicing are scenes, I had to understand how to show emotion without moving a single muscle. Once the first two stages were completed, we moved on to the final stage the preparation and presenting are tableau’s to everyone.

My answer to the driving question, what can the outsiders teach us about worldview, it teaches us that there are multiple perspectives and opinions, and in the outsiders some of the characters have different worldviews at the end of the book. My three biggest takeaways from this project are, how I learned how to work in a real world environment, I worked well with a group to make ideas and solve problems, and I learned to think on my feet. For example one of the things me and my group had to problem solve was There was a seycove books chart behind are set so we had to think on are feet to cover it up with some thing.

Here are some photos from the exhibition.

Thanks for reading