Dollars and Sense

Hi everyone, welcome back to another post. In todays post we will be talking about my most recent Humanities project called Cray Cray yay yay. This project is all about crazy! The main idea of this project is how we can become crazy and who our examples are. The apple crazy ones campaign launched in 1977 was a big part of this project and we use the people in that advertisement as role models.

The driving question for this project is “why does it take a crazy person to change the world”. To answer this question we went to settle, well some of us did. I stayed home in Vancouver and my classmates went to settle to learn about crazy people who have changed the world. During this project we were all given a topic, my groups topic was “Dollars and Sense”. This topic was for something very important but we will get to that later.

Next we learned about a type of presentation called a “Pecha Kucha”. The format for this presentation is 20 slides 20 seconds per slide and the slides are images only no text. We were tasked with choosing someone from the apple crazy ones campaign to make a mini Pecha Kucha on them. I chose Orsen Welles, a famous director and actor who revolutionized the entertainment industry.

After my other classmates got back from Seattle it was time to work on our final project. A full Pecha Kucha on our topic Dollars and Sense. The main idea of the Dollar and Sense group is to talk about how crazy people do business differently. We had two weeks to craft a script and memorize it, as well as making a 20 slide presentation of original photos. Then it was presenting time. All the preparation came down to this presentation and we did great. We spoke clearly and had funny lines and we proved our points and made everyone go home wanting to be crazy. At first I was pretty nervous to present but once you are up there the words just flow out. And my answer to the driving question is, the reason it takes a crazy person to change the world is that only the crazy ones have ability to understand the changing the world is possible. Thank you for reading.