Storm the barricades

Hi guys welcome back to another post, today we are going to be covering my latest humanities project called storm the barricades. This project was all about revolutions. There were 4 groups, Haitian, American, French, and Russian. I was in the French Revolution group.

The first thing we did was probably my favourite part of the project. We did a simulation for five days to test out what a revolution is like. We had peasants, royals, law, and store owners. The hierarchy was royals, law, store owners, and peasants. It was cool to see how poor leading by the royalty ended in famines, and revolution.

The next part of the project we looked at history and learned what the four stages of revolutions are, incubation, moderate stage, crisis stage, and recovery stage. It basically show what happens in a revolution. People are mistreated, that leads to protests that soon turn into violent march, they either succeed or lose, then they recover. Are first keystones was on this. We made 4 drawings to show the for stations. I choose a plane to show how it gets turbulence and crashes then people make a water landing and recover.

Next we had to do lots of notes because we were making a graphic organizer on our revolutions. Mine was on the French Revolution, I added a timeline and area with historical figures. To get all this info we had to use different sources for our research, we use videos, websites, timelines, and much more. To do this organizer we all had to take like 4 classes worth of notes. I’m really happy with mine here it is.

The next keystone was an affidavit. The affidavit was meant to prove how ineffective the French Revolution was. To get information for the affidavit we had to find out prime sources for example we had to prove Napoleonic code was sexist. We need a prime source we spent days looking for one, we eventually found a website that let us look up words in the search bar and then it would lead you to locations of the word. I know your thinking why not just read through it till you find some evidence, the Napoleonic code is around 3000 pigs long.The reason we were making this is because we were going on trial. Me and three other group members had to prove how ineffective the French Revolution was. To do this we had to make videos showcasing us on trial. We we questioned witnesses to prove are argument.

The trial was the fourth keystone, both sides of the argument had to make a video showcasing their opinions and their side of the trial. Her click here

In this project I think I showcased my communicating. Working on a group setting and acting can be difficult. But for me it was not. My group and I worked quite efficient. I think I analyzed the data that I was taking notes of and used it as an advantage for example I took lots of notes for my graphic organizer.

Thank you for reading