It’s that time of year again. Student Led Conferences. And this means another post about it! Yay!

So I’d like to talk about a few pieces of work. First one would have to be my Fantasy Essay, which I’m really proud of. We had to write an essay using the driving question of ‘What Draws Us To Imaginary Worlds?’. So I haven’t done a lot of writing essays in the past, and certainly not one like this. But the topic was interesting, so I was happy to write about it. We had only just started learned about quote integration, but I learned how to do that, and I think it went over well. It also helped expand my writing skills, which is very useful, as I do enjoy writing short stories, and writing better in general is a good thing.

So another thing that I’d like to talk about is something that shows my growth as a learner. I think that I’ve really grown in the way I present information, and the way that it’s more clear. For this, I’d like to bring up two pieces of work. One being my Visual Essay on Railroads in the Industrial Revolution, and my Disney Video.

At the beginning of the year, we had to do a visual essay on Railroads. This means we made a video about how the railroads affected the industrial revolution

As you can see, it’s a good video, but I mess up a few words, and it’s very amateur. Now, I think I’ve done a better job of presenting information in a way that’s easier, and clearer. For this, I’d like to show my most recent video: My Disney Video

So this one I feel a lot better about. The information is clear, the shots are better, along with the audio. It’s easier to understand, and I’ve only chosen the important information.

The third, and final thing I’d like to talk about would be an example of my growth mindset, one of the core things of PLP. I think one thing that really shows this is Destination Imagination. I did have a few issues with this, as our group was a bit behind, and I was afraid we wouldn’t get it done. There was a lot to do, from our gadget, to our Team Choice Elements, to our script, the two codes, our disguised character. It was a lot, and I’ll admit, our group wasn’t always on task. But in the end, we pulled it together. We persevered and we did it, and got first place!

I think this shows my growth mindset as even though we all thought we were going to fail, we kept going and pulled it together. There were a few moments of panic, such as a week before when no one had their script memorized and we were just starting our background. But we did it, and that’s what matters.

MY first goal is to work on teamwork. I don’t do very well with teamwork, so I intend in working on it by contributing more ideas to group, taking in others ideas, and not snapping at my teammates.

My second goal is to work on organizing my work. I intend on creating folders in my iPad for different projects, and bringing a binder for important papers.

My final goal is to work on my procrastination. I intend on setting reminders in my iPad so I do homework the day that it’s assigned and not leave it.

That’s the end of this! Yay! So, that’s all for this post. And for SLCs….. until June.

Read ya later!

Ruby