Space! It’s everywhere, we’re floating around in space. We got to do a whole unit on it, and I was very happy. Space is always something that’s interested me. Furthermore, we got to do a project in something very, very, very cool: colonizing Mars. Willa and I did this project, and it was very cool!

Literally, because Mars only gets 60% of the light Earth does from the sun.

We started by doing research. So. Much. Research. Everything from what we would need to survive in Mars, to how much water a human uses in a day, down to how, ahem, fecal matter could be used as fertilizer.

I went back to last year’s post on The Martian to look up how Mark Wattney did it, and we figured out what would work, what wouldn’t, and what we could improve.

It was actually a very short project, so all we needed to do was stick in a few bad space jokes (see: post title) and we were off!

I personally feel like this was a great unit. We did a lot of research from different sources, and pulled it together quite nicely.

There were other presentations in class, and we had to figure out how they all connected. This is the small mind map I made to show that:

Read you later

Sincerley, Me