Three whole nights away from home, with my classmates, and my teachers…

Hey, welcome back or welcome to my blog! In this post I’m going to be telling you about my first ever PLP learning advance. My classmates (and teachers) and I, went on a super cool overnight trip to a place called loon lake! We were super lucky to be-able to go even go there because of Covid restrictions, not to mention our group had the whole place To ourselves! But you may be wondering, what do you even do at a retreat with your class? What did you eat? Did you even get any sleep while you were there!? Well I will try to tell you a little bit about what we did.

What did we really do ?

Well we were there for four days, and in those four days we did a lot of different things. We did outdoor activities such as building shelters in the forest, we played laser tag and did archery as well. We also did things indoors to, we had to work on DI when we were there and we also had classes in the gym with our teacher. Every night and morning we would go to something called our “advisory group” which was basically a group of kids with a teacher and we would do checkups and talk about the day.

Our sleeping situation

For the trip we were put into buildings that we would stay and sleep in, then we were put into rooms with a few other people. All of the rooms had bunk beds and each floor of the building had at least one washroom that was available for anyone to use. The real question being asked though is did we really get any sleep…?

The answer is…… kind of.

(Also I truly recommend earplugs, they saved my life).

How/what did we eat?

Well when we were there, there was actually a big dining hall which we could all eat in. There was also some amazing people there that made all the food for us! They were so good, and all the food tasted amazing! 

My book!

When we were away we also had to make a book that we could track and show and write down all the types of things that we did. It will show you photos and videos of what we did on the trip. Here it is down below feel free to read it!