So just before spring break we started on this mini video project explaining what Canada meant to us. It could be about anything. The only guideline was keep it under 30 seconds. Our videos would later be entered into a competition called Here’s My Canada.

For me being the sporty guy I am, I wanted to do something based on sports. I thought of hockey and how we always dominate in international competition. I thought about the Olympics, the World Cup, and the World Juniors. Recently we haven’t dominated quite the as much in the World Juniors but it’s still something that we can easily win. I started thinking about what it must mean for the players that represent our country. I also thought about what it means for us the spectators to cheer for a team with such success. Here’s Draft 1:

We got some feedback the next day and started fixing our mistakes. What I really wanted to redo was my voice over. It sounded a bit plain and wasn’t clear enough. There was also one line in there that I thought ended awkwardly. I also wanted to add some background music or audio. So I thought what could be more fitting then an old Hockey Night In Canada theme. It isn’t really loud and over powering however it should be noticeable in there.