So recently in PLP we have been reading through the play set in the 1600s called The Crucible. Reading plays as a book is always somewhat awkward because you end up reading a script, but since we assign characters to a person every class, we end up reading together and it’s not that bad.

As we do with any book we read in PLP there are assignments to go along with it. This time around it’s three blog posts, based on a prompt to do with the book. For this first blog post the prompt I am writing about is:

“Abigail took revenge for Proctor’s dismissal of her. Describe a time when you sought revenge or someone sought revenge on you.”

Now that you get the idea of what these prompts are like, it’s time to explain more about what we have to do with them. For each blog post we have to create some form of media to help push our ideas to you the reader. It could be anything from a video to an interpretive dance. For this post I will have a video, but we will get to that.

It’s now time for my story of revenge. As you should be able to guess if you know me well, it’s about baseball. This story starts back in the summer of 2017, I had made the Seylynn Juniors Allstar team and the whole team was looking ready to make a possible championship run. We had played three exhibition games, one against New West, and the other 2 against West Vancouver. We had won every game, including a 30 run game in one of the games against West Van. Our first game of the tournament was against the heavy favourites Fraser Valley, and we were just completely outplayed. They were the better team and they came out on top.

However we weren’t eliminated yet due to the tournament being the double elimination format. We were lined up to play against Victoria and then New West following them assuming we would beat Victoria.

This Victoria team had only just scraped by West Vancouver with a walkoff hit in the final innings so we were very confident knowing our previous scores against West Van. I guess it turned out we were a little too confident as we were beaten by 2 runs even after no hitting them for the first 4 innings. That was it we were eliminated in only 2 games.

Now we skip ahead to the summer of 2018, where instead of Juniors All Stars it was time for Seniors All Stars (Just an age thing). I can also now introduce my partner to the story who was able to make the Seniors All Star team: Alex.

Seymour Seniors

This year the tournament had us set up to play Victoria in game one. Giving me the perfect chance to get revenge on them for what had happened the year before. Sure enough that’s just what happened. Our starter who was only going to throw 30 pitches and was expected just to pitch for an inning went almost 3 innings in. This set up the pitching rotation to not use me other than to close out the game so that I could pitch again the following day. Our bats also came alive, so we beat them with a pretty big margain.

Me Closing Out Game 1 Against Victoria

Gams 2 had us back up against Fraser Valley, who once again was the heavy favourite to win the tournament. Once again they beat us. This was my game to pitch and I just wasn’t hitting my spots meaning I left a lot of balls over the heart of the plate so they hit me pretty hard. We also could not hit off of their ace. This meant they advanced to the finals and we had to go play Victoria once again.

Me on the Mound Probably Getting Hit Off

This time Victoria was hungry. We had our other ace on the mound and thought we had them in the bag seeing as we had just beat them a couple nights ago. However they came out swinging and put up some runs early which completely panicked our team. Our bats had also decided to go to sleep so apart from Mark and I we weren’t getting any runners on base. We ended up losing the game and being eliminated by Victoria again. They got revenge on us and had advanced to the championship game.

Going into next year both Alex and I know that somehow we will end up facing Victoria in an important game and we want revenge once again. This is where our video comes in. It’s a little montage of Alex and I working in the batting cage on both our pitching and hitting so when it comes time to play them again next year we are prepared.

Here is our montage: