Hello Everyone and welcome back to the last but definitely not least Crucible Blog Post. If you haven’t been following us along on this fantastic journey I recommend you go back and read my first two posts here. For my final instalment I decided to do something a little bit different. That was combining two different prompts to make one blog post. The two different prompts I will be writing about are:

A major theme in “The Crucible” deals with guilt. Recall a time when you felt guilty about something you had done or said. It may not be as serious as the characters in the play, but it was probably just as real. It can be some recent experience or one that took place in childhood. How did you deal with those feelings? As you look back now were your fears justified, or were you being too hard on yourself?

Recall a time when you were wrongly accused of something, or of a time when you wrongly accused someone of something. What was it and how did you feel?

I will now tell you a story abut the time I accidentally broke my dog’s food bowl. The story however is through the lens of a court room trial featuring my dog as the witness with some of her stuffed animals as the court officials. I thought this would be a very funny way to tell the story and I could have some fun with it myself. To give you a head to the face for each character here is a set of head shots featuring everyone involved in the case:

The connection of this story to both prompts is as follows. This really is a story of guilt for me because I remember right when it happened just being very nervous, and then I looked up and saw my dog glaring at me as if she completely understood what had happened. However the whole thing was completely an accident as what actually happened was, I was flipping a puck on my stick to work on my hand-eye coordination. However I’m not that great at it and I just so happened to be standing right overtop of my dog’s food bowl, and it smashed. The connection to being falsely accused comes from the fact that the dog was trying to prove me guilty even though it was a complete accident, so I wasn’t exactly falsely accused but you get the point.

Anyways this is sadly the end of my crucible blog post saga. Don’t worry though I will probably be back writing to you about something else pretty shortly.

About the whole best poker player in the house thing under Lawyer Woof, don’t ask. I might write a little story about that on here at some point.