Loon Lake Field Study Advance

Hello! Welcome to or back to my blog! In the post I will be talking about a field study I just went on! The PLP grade 8 and 9s went together but only grade 8s went with grade 8s in cabins and 9 and 9s.

For a bit of information Look Lake was a place for kids, with Cancer and their last year to live, to have a quiet and relaxing time before they pass on. Loon Lake was built in 1949 and the Cancer retreat happened ever since. 

This Loon Lake is in Maple Ridge so it took an hour long bus ride to get there. During the first bus I started a movie, we got through a bit more then half. Once we got there we had a nature walk and took photos, it was nice walk around quietness after that loud, long bus ride. That was how we started off our first 4 days at Loon Lake.

Everyday we needed to fill out a book on what we did, it has tons of information about what we did. Without further ado here it is!

The book:

I didn’t put this in the book but we also learned about being ready for things. It was very informative about what being ready is, looks like and how to act when you are ready. We had to take notes on the slides, it was pretty hard to catch up!

Here is what the information I got:

If there wasnt enough information in the book here is the public schedule we had:

Day 1.

Day. 2.

Day 3.

Day 4.

There are some big gaps but everyone would have their own thing going on so everyone would be doing something different during that time. I just drew out the public schedule on what we all did.

Also you may be wondering about what the advisory groups were and what we did so I’ll tell you. During our advisory groups it gave us some down time to talk to friends and to send out nice things before we left. We would send and receive compliment cards to brighten up our days. We also had to make a funny name and group photo for our group, our name was the Wolverfishes. The photo was a Wolf with a jellyfish on top of its head. Here’s a photo in case you forgot what it looked like:

Overall Loon Lake was an amazing trip and I can’t wait for more field studies! I have no words to describe how fun it was! I definitely will do more field studies because this one was even better then I expected! Anyways thank you for reading have an amazing day/night, cya in my next one!