tPol – 2022

Hi and welcome to or back to my blog! Before I get started the driving question for the tPols were “Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?” This post will be talking about and reflecting on a few projects I’ve done this year. The projects represent how they have impacted me this year. 

The first project I will be talking about will be a project I did in Scimatics. The name of the project was called “Laser Laws.” For this project we didn’t really have a driving question but we did have to go by this one sentence, “Build a laser display to test the pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection.” I have talked about this project before in my mPol and I wanted to bring it up again. The reason why I wanted to bring it up again was because I felt it was the most challenging project I’ve done this year. In this project we needed to make a triangle that was a Pythagorean Triplet. We then proceeded to measure the triangle. After we had everything set up we set the laser up as well as the mirrors it had to reflect off of. This project was difficult for me because I’ve never learned about light and how it worked. I also felt like I could have contributed more to the team when we were working. During this project I felt a little bit out of place and I hope that next time I think I’ll struggle in a project I will get extra help or come into tutorial time.

Here is a photo of our final results:

If you would like to check out my blog post expanding on this project click here.

The second project I will be talking about will a project that I did in Humanities. The name of the project I will be talking about is called “New Beginnings.” Our driving question for this project was “What did the establishment of New France mean for all people involved?” The reason why I wanted to talk about this project is because I feel like it was the project I showed most interest in. The reason I say this is because I found this project different from other projects because this time we actually had more of a choice range of choosing a topic to learn about. I liked this because then everyone has different knowledge of different things about the establishment of New France. It also made it more interesting when we did a walk around to look at everyone else’s projects. The end result for this project was to show two points of view on your topic and upload it to flourish. I chose to do my project on the Filles du Roi (The Kings Daughters). 

Here is my end result:

The Third and final project I will be talking about is another Scimatics project. The name of the project I will be talking about is called “Comic Cells.” Just like the other Scimatics project we had to go by a sentence, it was “Make a comic book about cells and diseases.” The reason Why I’m talking about this project is because I am really proud of the end result. For this project like it says above we needed to make a comic book about cells and diseases. I made my comic book about the Pneumonic Plague. This project really stood out to me because I feel like I achieved more then I could and fell really happy with my comic book. Another thing that was cool about this project was that we all got to read each others. We did this by submitting our comic book to a post as a comment. Something I could have worked on was managing my time. During this project I wasn’t keeping track of my time and could have finished my book earlier. 

My comic book is a really big file so I’ll put the link to my blog post as soon as it’s done.

Coming back to the driving question “Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?” I feel I am ready for a new year in PLP because I strive to be better and get better at weaknesses I have and even some of my strengths. I feel I am ready for a new adventure and can’t wait to make more memories at it. PLP made me step out of my comfort zone and makes me more and more comfortable with things I was so scared about last year. Something I wish to achieve next year would be being more comfortable doing presentations like this. I get so anxious and stressed before I have to do a presentation so I hope, and my goal, is to become more relaxed before something that gives me anxiety.