Final learning post of Fractions Of Your Time.

Here are some of the charts from my presentation.

In the project, Fractions Of Your Time, the driving question was: how much of my time is spent on screens? The answer to this question was far less complicated than that of the last project, the answer, simply, was: a lot. But, as with any PLP project, it wasn’t just about making one thing, there were many steps. (Less steps than I expected though).

The first step was a small survey that were completed in class (or a bit later).

Then we did some homework, (not to hard, as these were just refining our skills).

We also did a fractions quiz, which were actually pretty fun. Each day, we would fill out a chart containing screen time and other categories from the previos day.

We later presented these charts and made a fraction about how much of our time was screen time. That takes us to right now, were I am writing final blog post, to finish the project. I was surprised by the numbers on the chart, and making the chart was fun too.

These are the fractions and decimals of my time.

Curicular Competencies:

These are the things that we are graded on and strived to do. The first one; applying and innovating, was were we tried to use our time wisely and collaborate with others around us, to further learning and cooperation. I did this well, but not extending, as I used my class time productively, but didn’t go much beyond that.

The second competency is about visualizing mathematical concepts, which was rated by how well you can comprehend using fraction, percents, and decimals to show how you spend your time. We learned how to create spreadsheets and tables with mathematical rules built in to record our time, and as a plus, how much time we spend on screens.

The third competency, communicating and representing, is based on being able to represent ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms. You proved this skill by using pie charts and tables to display an interesting proportion the variables of the chart display, and also show how much of an average day is spent on screens.