Restore the Lost Atom

Restore the Lost Atom

OH NO! You lost your pet atom! What if I told you there is a way to get him back? Go through obstacles and restore the lost atom.

Sounds fun right? Click here to play it.

How to Play

Oh no! Your pet atom escaped. Go through obstacles to find the lost atom. You will have to find each part of the atom, the electrons, neutrons, protons, and the nucleus.

As you go on the temperature increases making your atom move faster.

Controls=
➡️ move right
⬅️ move left
⬆️ jump
SPACE BAR collect the missing piece of atom (while on it)
⛳️ go back to beginning

What Drove me to Create Such a Masterpiece

Over the last few weeks I have been working very hard in learning all about atoms. I was assigned with creating a video game using the app scratch, and through my game I had to communicate my knowledge of the atom following the driving question, how can we model our knowledge of the atom in a fun and creative way?

How did I Create my Game

Learning to use scratch was a big bump in the road for me. I had such high ambitions and ideas for my game, but the moment I lay a finger on scratch, I soon came to the realization that making a 50 level obstacle course/story game was a bit out of the question. After I set my expectations straight, I started researching about coding on scratch and found an amazing video that was a lifesaver in the long run. After using the video and coding an obstacle course, all I had to do was use my new scratch skills and create the science part of the game. 

My Answer to the Driving Question

Showing my knowledge of the atom in a creative and fun way is very easy when you are making something that is entertaining for everyone. Who doesn’t love video games? They are addicting, interactive and exciting. Science is not a topic I enjoy very much, but by incorporating something I do enjoy doing, it made the learning process one hundred times more enjoyable.

What Helped me Answer the Driving Question

Before making the actual video game I had to learn the science. Some things that really helped me understand it, were the states of matter worksheet, and the atom of cheese video.

States of Matter Worksheet 

The States of Matter worksheet really helped me understand what atoms look like and act like when they are exposed to different temperatures. While filling out this page, we used an interesting app that replicates what different states of matter look like. This app allowed you to add heat and cold to the atoms showing how atoms change states in different temperatures.

Atom of Cheese

I have learned a lot of explanations of atoms in my life, but the atom of cheese was something that really helped me understand. Imagine cutting a peice of cheese in half, and then again, and again, and agin, and again, and again…eventually you will end up with a peice to small to cut, eve with the sharpest knife ever, it would be uncuttable. This is an atom, an uncuttable piece of matter.