Ok, So Mosques Aren’t Jewish…

So I don’t know if I’ve mentioned already, but we’re doing a unit on religion right now. And for part of this unit, we’ve been visiting some different religious sites.

First of all, we went to a Hindu place of worship. As I’m doing a group project on Hinduism right now, I took a lot of pictures.

image

image

After that, we visited a few Buddhist temples, in one of which I didn’t take many pictures because I was too busy meditating. We also got to learn a chant but that may has been wasted on me as I’ve already forgotten what it was and what it meant.

image

We also visited a Sikh temple, where we were served lunch, and even given Rice Krispie squares and– what do you mean this isn’t a blog post about food? Fine then. Back to the religion part. We also got to try meditating in the Sikh temple, and we were told some information about the founding of Sikhism.

Now, the next week, we were set to go to a church and a mosque. So to prepare for this, we did a quick info check to make sure we remembered what religions these corresponded with. It went something like this:

“Okay, so a mosuque is what religion? Yes, Willa?”

“I wanna say Judaism…”

“Seriously?”

Now, don’t get me wrong. I know that the Jewish place of worship is a Synagogue. But for some reason at that exact moment I thought it was the right answer. Just in case I had any credibility left, I also wore pants with skulls on them into the church and mosque, which may not have been the best decision but they kindly didn’t comment.

So, yeah. I’ll just sneak quietly out of the room now.

image

Toodles!